- Interactional sociolinguistics, discourse analysis and ethnography
- Multilingualism, minorities, power and inequalities
- Francophonie and globalization
- Disabilities and languages in society
- Politics and epistemology of language documentation
- Didactics of foreign languages and multilingualism
Research projects (direction)
The Power of words and numbers
12.2021 - 12.2022The 19th century saw a proliferation of scientific documentary works contributing to the production of knowledge about languages and their speakers around the world. These included linguistic corpora, ethnographic reports, maps and language...
Research projects (collaboration)
01.2016 - 12.2018The purpose of this project is to conduct a detailed analysis on language census issues in Switzerland since the 19th century and to better understand the role this tool plays in the Swiss political landscape. This project will also support...
01.2016 - 12.2017This literature review aims to present an overview of scientific research on the social, political and linguistic issues of language census by analysing international works conducted in various sociopolitical and sociolinguistic contexts....
09.2014 - 08.2015In collaboration with the Federal Statistical Office (FSO) In 2010, the Federal Statistical Office (FSO) began conducting an annual population census. The data are mainly gathered from registers of residents, with additional information coming...